The roles of antivirus software cannot be underestimated in this age and time of digital and mobile devices. A newborn child can almost operate a mobile device. Well, the same way humans contract diseases and viruses, get sick, and are taken to the hospital for treatment is the same way our mobile disease can contract viruses (knowingly or unknowingly), and begin to misbehave. The drug that they need to behave better is an “ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE”.
It is enough headache to see your mobile device get infected with a virus, another headache greater than this is searching for an antivirus online and seeing a million of them without even knowing which one to pick. Sophos Antivirus software package is actually what you need at this point. Asides from the fact that it offers some antivirus packages for home users, it is also a cybersecurity company that offers businesses with security software. It is an advanced malware scanner that can curb recent and the most complicated type of malware.
This is a comprehensive review of the Sophos Antivirus software package and the reason it is the best bet for you.
What is Sophos?
Sophos, in 1985, was founded in the UK. In 2010, it was initially sold to British private equity firm Apax before it was later sold again to Thoma Bravo, a United States private equity firm in March 2020. It is antivirus software that comes in different packages and provides you with top-notch cybersecurity and protection against dangerous threats.
Sophos provides this service to over four hundred thousand users in about one hundred and fifty different locations and countries and it has also been researched to have effectively protected more than a hundred million of its users.
Sophos antivirus can be classified as a FIREWALL SOFTWARE and it is one of that software that has one of the BEST FIREWALL features.
Types Of Sophos Antivirus Software
Sophos has two antivirus products and both products can be used with both Mac and Windows computers. These two antivirus software products include Sophos home free and Sophos home premium.
Features of Sophos antivirus software
Sophos Home Free.
Sophos home free covers for over three different windows with/or Mac computers and a free trial inclusive. Sophos home free comes with all the packages included in the Sophos home premium, but only for thirty days only. After this, you are then limited to these five packages below.
This antivirus package will help you discover and thwart any lingering viruses, ransomware, trojans, potentially unwanted apps, bots, worms, etc. It can also help you provide an anti-malware immunity.
A prognostic artificial intelligence danger detection
Sophos will help you point out and block all prior unknown malware.
Website filtering for parental control
Sophos offers you the opportunity to do a parental website filtering.
Sophos will help block all endangered websites.
Sophos will help you in securing various windows and Macs computers in any locality through the Sophos website. You can effectively and remotely use and manage its functions in about over ten devices or more.
Sophos home premium
- Besides all the above details, Sophos home premium offers you more developed real-time antivirus security, and this includes protecting against exploits that have the propensity to avoid antivirus software.
- Sophos home premium will also help you keep your valuables (credit card, banking, username, and password data) safe from third parties especially.
- Sophos home premium comes in three types of subscription: the one-year subscription, two years subscription and three years subscription. Each one of these Subscription types provides you with antivirus protection available for up to ten windows or macOS computers combination.
- Sophos works effectively on the Operating Systems of Windows, Android, Mac and iOS and they all have an on/off button.
- Finally, it offers you a top-notch live chat with their customer care and anti-keylogger parties.
- Sophos can run on Mac OS PCs, and Windows with iOS, Android and Chrome OS support pending.
- It is relatively cheap compared to other alternatives that perform the same function as Sophos
- Sophos’s single, and cheap cost version can cover ten devices.
- Sophos offers a free trial
- Subscription to their free trial mode doesn’t require the need for details of your credit card.
- Sophos has a thirty days money-back guarantee, and it is risk-free.
- Sophos is now designed as a FIREWALL SOFTWARE
- Sophos is a good option for non-technical users because the designs and features of both SOPHOS MAC and windows features are very easy to use and understand. It is at the same time a good option for technical users because it has plus settings as well.
- VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) are not included or separately sold in the SOPHOS SOFTWARE antivirus package.
- Sophos has no provision for identifying or monitoring theft cases.
- It is stressful that you have to open Sophos online dashboard for you to have access to all its features and also configure its antivirus benefits as well. They have a desktop application, only that you cannot use it for a wide range of functions. You can only use it to do a few basic things like having access to your dashboard and also surveying your system.
- Sophos has no secure cloud storage
- Sophos has no device optimization tools like its other software counterparts e.g. Norton
- Sophos doesn’t have a password manager like its other competition software.
- Sophos has no quick or custom scan like McAfee and Avira. These two are also antivirus software.
- The Mac type of the Sophos Home Premium doesn’t have the details that the PC edition presents. An example includes the advanced website protection version. Nonetheless, it provides other functions in full fledge.
Sophos Price And Pricing System
You can purchase only one plan at a time because they only sell a single package; whether it’s going to be the one, two- or three-years Sophos home premium package or Sophos home free depends on your discretion.
Sophos home free antivirus software offers you a 30-day free trial with your credit card and you also get to enjoy a full fledge of its security. But for Sophos home premium, here is the subscription plan.
- For the one-year subscription plan, you initially pay a sum of $44.99, and then for subsequent years, you get to pay a sum of $59.99.
- For the two years subscription plan, you initially pay a sum of $74.99 and 99.99 for subsequent years upon renewal.
- For the three years subscription plan, you get to pay 104.99 dollars and then get to pay $139.99 for subsequent years.
Sophos Coupon And Promo.
From time to time, Sophos launches different SOPHOS PROMO. To have access to this, log in to their website here to have premium access to SOPHOS COUPON. You will get a discount on every purchase of any package or subscription plan you decide to go for.
How Effective Is Sophos Antivirus Software?
Sophos home premium combines various other protection technologies. This encompasses its level of establishment and cloud-based cybersecurity setting. This cloud-based cybersecurity setting deals with a range of hack dangers e.g. phishing trials, ransomware, and malware.
If it so happens that SOPHOS VIRUS REMOVAL TOOL finds it hard to eradicate a dangerous file, it detects it and points out to you the location of the file so that you can manually locate and delete it.
If you find it hard to remove, you can use a knowledge-based article for other removal techniques.
How Safe Is Sophos Antivirus Software?
Sophos antivirus software has a high safety percentage. Nevertheless, this software package still does not contain some standard features that should be basic for any antivirus software.
Examples of some of these features include Virtual Private Network and Identity theft scrutinizing of financial accounts, dark website activities, and credit agencies.
What Is The Duration Of Time For The Use Of Sophos Antivirus Software?
According to Sophos records, SophosLabs universal malware system compiles, correlates, analyzes, and works on over four hundred thousand personal malware samples in a day. These samples are gotten from millions of sent emails, files, URLs, and other data points to detect and remove developing threats.
SophosLabs has a coordinated intelligence system that is used to update and enhance detection and safety abilities. Also, huge forms of updates are usually done automatically at the background level.
How To Disable Sophos Antivirus Software
To disable this software, you can have its features disabled from the cloud base interface of Sophos
How To Uninstall Sophos Antivirus Software App
To uninstall Sophos home premium in windows, Sophos uninstall via the standard window add/remove button.
Sophos Vs Avast
Sophos and Avast are both competitive antivirus software and here is how they both fare while comparing both of them together.
Avast has more advanced features than Sophos. Avast has a wide range of protection capabilities against all the various types of cyber threats as compared to Sophos.
In the aspect of detecting and removing multiple types of threats, Avast fares well than Sophos in this aspect. This conclusion is from the unbiased series of tests carried out by reputable independent brands.
In this aspect, it is hard to choose which one is better than the other as they both have a straightforward and instinctive dashboard plus easy-to-operate key options designed in the best possible ways to suit this security software.
Sophos takes the lead here. Avast indeed offers a wide range of pricing systems but Sophos allows you to encompass more devices at a cheaper rate plus a flexible pricing system.
Customer support and satisfaction
Avast, probably because of the edge it has over Sophos in advanced features, leaves the customers more satisfied after software usage in getting customer’s support. This result was observed by trusted independent sources.
While Sophos has just two packages of Sophos home free and Sophos home premium, Avast has four. These three packages include Avast free antivirus, Avast internet security, Avast premier and Avast ultimate.
Avast has some basic software extra features like VPN, personal firewall, safe browsing, and gamer’s mode while Sophos seems to have parental control as a strong extra feature, plus of course, its basic features.
Compatibility with devices
Both Avast and Sophos are compatible with iPhone, Androids, Mac, and Windows.
Asides from email protection and antispam protection that can be offered by only Avast, both Sophos and Avast offer all other protection types like anti-phishing protection, adware protection, anti-rootkit, anti-trojan, anti-worm, and anti-spyware.
Both Avast and Sophos can scan a real-time antivirus, a USB virus, a manual virus, scheduled scans, auto virus, and a registry startup scan.
While Avast and Sophos share quite a several differences, they also have a lot of similarities as well.
Customer care and support
They both have a money-back guarantee feature. Their customer support does not have Emails to help their users in cases of confusion. You can have access to a live chat and ticket system with both software.
Sophos antivirus software package offers you moderate security and safety against malware, cyber threats, identify thieves and hackers, but also lacks some basic features that n antivirus should contain. Sophos Antivirus Software is suitable for you if you are looking for an easy way to vary your security settings, look into an effective software for parental control, and also run malware scans at the same time. Asides from all the above details, Sophos also offers Cloud Security Solution.
Asides from the fact that Sophos lacks a virtual private network, filler shredder, and password manager, it is a superb antivirus software to go for as it encrypts keyboard data and also performs all its other basic features to help keep your device safe and also prevents it from all cyber threats with a relatively pocket-friendly Sophos.
If you don’t care about the price and you still prefer a better featured and costlier security software, then you can go for other alternatives like Avast, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, or Norton.